Medical Information Specialist
Permanent / Sussex, UK
up to £50,000
Medical Information Specialist, £45,000, Sussex
Our client is a small but growing Pharmaceutical company & the have just secured funding.
They are looking to recruit a Medical Information Specialist to be responsible for delivering health informatics services to both internal and external customers.
- To plan and carry out ABPI, and other similar, Code of Practice audits for Clients within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- To compile and present audit results
- To plan, organise and carry out internal audits ensuring conformance with internal SOPs and policies in all departments.
- To manage the internal audit schedule required to support Information Security requirements.
- Plan and progress health informatics projects as required
- Apply training and medical information skills to contribute to the medical reviews and information requirements of both internal and external customers ensuring relevant product and therapy area knowledge is exchanged.
- To liaise with key clinical opinion leaders, sponsors, patients groups, and other key customer groups to extract user requirements for new clinical data solutions.
- Supports health informatics consultants in the execution of projects.
- Provide input to business tenders where appropriate
- Ensure colleagues are kept up to date and are trained in relevant areas that may affect our relationship with our customers, e.g. knowledge and compliance with adverse events processes.
- To undertake other reasonable duties as assigned by their manager
- Life Sciences/Pharmacy Degree
- 2-5 years experience in medical information setting or other related medical function in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience with copy approval is essential (i.e. working knowledge of ABPI Code of Practice).
Personal Skills & Qualities:
- Good analytical skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
- A good understanding of how the pharmaceutical industry is run
- Good IT skills
- Good understanding of clinical data
- Independent worker
- Can work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to assimilate and understand new clinical domains.
If you have difficulty in applying, have any questions or you cannot find what you are looking for please contact us on 0044 (0) 207 421 0000 or email
We regard all communication and correspondence as confidential. Full job descriptions are available on request.