Principal Medical Writer Kent
Permanent / Maidstone United Kingdom
Highly competitive package
Principal Medical Writer Kent - Highly Competative Package
Our client is a dynamic healthcare communications agency and a leading provider of medical education and marketing services to the pharmaceutical & healthcare industries. They are seeking a Senior Medical Writer to deliver a range of scientific and medical publications, presentations and meeting materials.
- The successful Senior Medical Writer will be responsible for the delivery of whole range of written projects in line with the scope of each client brief and / or account.
- To deliver the medical writing aspects of all projects complete and on time, to the client's satisfaction and within budget.
- To maintain the highest standards of written work by implementing quality control at all stages of a project. To complete all projects, from first draft through to final page proofs.
- Liaising client services/editors to ensure all copyright approvals are sought and with designers/art workers on design and page layout.
- Visit clients to taking briefs or to deliver progress reports al clients offices when necessary throughout the UK and overseas.
- Project management responsibility also includes managing the editorial output of more junior members working on designated projects.
- To coach writers and trainees within the group on a project-by-project basis, and act as a reviewer on such projects.
- BSc (MSc) or PhD or other relevant experience.
- At least 2 to 3 years medical writing experience within an agency (or similar industry) environment.
- High quality writing: the full range of materials in a variety of styles, with minimum supervision.
- Good organisational and verbal communication skills.
- Directing less experienced writers: experience of coaching or training.
- Project management: competence to oversee the editorial process in the absence of other team members.
Keywords: Principal Medical Writer, Medical Communications, Medical Writer, London, Scientific Writer, Agency, healthcare communications, Senior Account Manager, Medical Education
If you have difficulty in applying, have any questions or you cannot find what you are looking for please contact us on 0044 (0) 207 421 0000 or email
We regard all communication and correspondence as confidential. Full job descriptions are available on request.