Senior Medical Writer Oxford
Permanent / Oxford United Kingdom
Senior Medical Writer Oxford from £37,000
This award winning healthcare agency delivers cutting edge communication programmes across the whole product's lifecycle & all therapeutic areas. Working on a range of solutions from identified projects within a communications strategy to comprehensive, fully integrated medical education programmes this full service agency ensures their clients products are front of mind with clinicians patients and payors.
The Senior Medical Writer is responsible for the development and delivery of scientific/medical publications presentations and meeting materials that meet the client's strategic communication objectives.
- To produce material & publications to the highest possible scientific and editorial standards within the given budget and to ensure that publications are produced to the agreed specifications and quality
- Ensuring that all the elements within the communication plan are on-schedule, and that clients, authors and internal team members are updated on progress regularly
- Conducting desk research, preparing presentations and other supporting documents as required to support strategic communication plans for client
- Maintaining excellent written and oral communication skills to ensure clear, accurate and concise communication to clients, authors and suppliers
- Developing agendas for meetings which deliver the right key messages for the target audience
- Writing clear outlines for manuscripts, presentations and other projects for the client to assess
- Working with a team of internal and external staff to ensure publications are produced which meet the brief, within the agreed budget and time frame
- Liason with the Account Director and junior writer to develop high-quality work in-line with the client's objectives and which support key marketing messages
- Work with the Account Director and Client to manage on a day to day basis the publication plan and identify publication opportunities
- Manager the internal publication team and external suppliers to ensure that publications are produced within the agreed budget and time frame.
- BSc (MSc) or PhD or other relevant experience
- At least 2 years medical writing experience within an agency (or similar industry) environment
- High quality writing: the full range of materials in a variety of styles, with minimum supervision
- Good organisational and verbal communication skills
- Project management: competence to oversee the editorial process in the absence of other team members
- High level of client service experience from pitch, project meeting and event attendance
If you have difficulty in applying, have any questions or you cannot find what you are looking for please contact us on 0044 (0) 207 421 0000 or email
We regard all communication and correspondence as confidential. Full job descriptions are available on request.